Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Introducing One of Our Summer Interns- Emily Pitman


Hello! My name is Emily Pitman and I am one of the interns at North and South Rivers Watershed Association this summer! I am a native to Plympton, MA and I am a rising junior at Hamilton College in upstate New York. I am a double major in Public Policy and Geosciences. At Hamilton, I am an environmental steward as part of Hamilton Environmental Advocate Group. Members of this group work on various projects throughout the year, including promoting sustainable practices and sponsoring guest lecturers.

My love of nature developed from when my family spent countless weekends camping and playing outside. My recent adventures scuba diving and hiking have allowed me to experience some of the fantastic geographic highs and lows. In my spare time and on more level groung, I love hiking, sailing, and playing rugby.

As an intern as NSRWA, I'm looking forward to helping with community and ecological opportunities. My first few days have been spent getting settled in the office, helping on a project in the field, and prepping spat settlement tiles for mussels, and I look forward to seeing what else is in store for me this summer. I'm excited to meet all of the dedicated individuals that support NSRWA, and hope to write more blog post about my experience in the future!

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment