Monday, June 15, 2009

Yoga At Couch Beach

This past Saturday was the start of another season of Yoga at the River's Edge, and the first time that I participated. Saturday's session was held at beautiful Couch Beach on the upper North River with Kezia Bacon-Bernstein, founder of Yoga at the River's Edge. I assure you that there are not many things more peaceful than deeply breathing pine-scented air with the river flowing along the marsh in front of you and red-winged blackbirds calling. As I'm new to yoga I had a little bit of trouble quieting my mind and not thinking about the natural world around me - even when I am totally relaxed I'm still thinking about the tide and birds! Perhaps that's ok.

I really enjoyed it and will try to be at as many sessions as I can, and will hopefully see you there. Next Saturday yoga is at the Marshfield YWCA on Little's Creek, a tributary of the South River.

No comments:

Post a Comment